Cultivating a true Catholic identity among its members.
The backbone of the parish, because as Catholic men, we are called to service ...
of the Family, the Church, and the Community.
The Knights of Columbus Council 6517 is a service organization of Catholic men.
- Adhere to the K of C core principles of: Charity, Unity, Fraternity, and Patriotism
- Serve our parish clergy
- Support charitable causes (which adhere to Catholic principles) with our time and treasure
- Work to ensure the sanctity of human life from conception to natural death
- Advocate and defend civil and religious rights for all
All the good works we do are informed by the KoC four core principles:
Charity – Our Catholic faith teaches us to “Love thy neighbor as thyself.” Members of the Knights of Columbus show love for their neighbors by preparing food, donating and serving food at local homeless shelters, by volunteering to fulfill parish and community needs, and by supporting, both spiritually and materially, mothers who choose life for their babies. Knights recognize that our mission, and our faith in God, compels us to action. There is no better way to experience love and compassion than by helping those in need, a call we answer every day.
Unity – None of us is as good as all of us. Members of the Knights of Columbus all know that – together – we can accomplish far more than any of us could individually. So we stick together…we support one another. That doesn’t mean that we always agree or that there is never a difference of opinion. It does mean that – as a Knight of Columbus – you can count on the support and encouragement of your brother Knights as you work to make life better in your parish and community.
Fraternity – The Venerable Michael J. McGivney founded the Knights of Columbus, in large part, to provide assistance to the widows and children left behind when the family breadwinner died – often prematurely. The Order’s top-rated insurance program continues to do this today, as do individual Knights, who last year gave more than 10 million hours of their time to assist sick and/or disabled members and their families. In the Knights of Columbus, we watch out for and take care of one another.
Patriotism – Members of the Knights of Columbus are patriotic citizens. As patriotic citizens, we support our troops, veterans, and first responders. We are proud of our devotion to God and country, and believe in standing up for both. Whether it’s in public or private, the Knights remind the world that Catholics support their nations and are amongst the greatest citizens.
- Holy Spirit Parish and the parishes of our members
- The clergy of The Catholic Church
- Honoring life from conception to natural death
- First responders
- Families (especially families of active military personnel)
- Children's causes (health, safety, education)
- The Society of Saint Vincent de Paul
- Charitable organizations which advance causes consistent with Catholic beliefs and practices